DATA ANALYTICS BEGINS by using big data, defined as a collection of data sets so large and complex that it becomes difficult to process using on-hand database management tools or traditional data processing applications. This data is organized and presented using analytics to make sound business decisions by the grower and retailer.
AGRICULTURE IS CONTINUOUSLY adapting new technologies and will need a management tool to ensure efficiency and ability to connect all of the resources. According to Gartner, a technology research firm, companies that embrace big data will outperform competitors in virtually every financial metric, and companies that invest in big data more than their competitors do outperform those competitors by 20% in every major metric.
ATLAS is a data analytics environment that ties the retailer business, operational, and agronomic systems with grower information, providing insight toward making more calculated decisions leading to more predictable results. Atlas will drive decisions based on analytics, ultimately providing information to help retailers compete and manage business more effectively.
Data Analytics & Agriculture Are About To Collide
- Technology is available at a low cost
- Systems compatibility is growing
- There is an immense amount of data available but not well connected or used
- Agriculture is behind
- Big money is investing (Manufacturers, Venture Capital, Mainstream technology companies)
Locally Owned Retailers Are In A Great Position
- Research suggests, 89% of growers recognize the agricultural retailers as the trusted third party adviser
- Local knowledge of the farm
- Broad representation (Seed, CN, CP, Precision, Grain, etc.)
Atlas Is Designed For Locally Owned Retailers
- Allows retailer to create local solutions
- Built for a targeted group
In The Future Your Competition Will Use Analytics To Earn The Grower Relationship
- Drive cost of selling out of the business
- Selling, Targeting, Marketing, Operational, Planning
- Connect growers to available knowledge
- Build a more reliable relationship with manufacturers
- Gain access to differentiated reward
- Streamline decision-making capabilities
- Differentiate the offer